Friday, October 2, 2009

Here we gooooo.....

Cue the BSB theme music...

Just kidding welll.... Ive almost been in Central America for two months, and so far Honduras for two weeks. Its funny because just as soon as I think I'm getting comfortable with something I have a new challenge, or a awful moment with Spanish. In other words there are the moments I'm loving it and then there are the moments I'd rather be booking a flight to Logan Airport then trying to figure out how to use which perfect tense. But I really feel confident that I'm where I'm supposed to be.

Since I've been in Honduras I have...
Driven a pick up truck (Thanks to our Condon Jeep training)
Washed all of my clothes by hand.
Eaten rice and beans a lot.
... not been sick, knock on wood.
Drank a lot of amazing coffee.
Help run a retreat for over 100 young people.
Seen a pig killed... and had the best pork I've tasted after.
Cried. No mucho pero un poco.
Began to see what I don't want to see.
Been given a list of tasks and responsibilities that I'm going to have to take one day at a time.
Been shown love by people I've only just met.

I want to thank everyone who donated to the Mission with money and prayers, because the money you donated doesn't only go to the cost of living here, but we depend on donations for some of our programming as well. We run fellowship groups for women, a sponsorship program for over 70 kids that have basic costs in order to go to school that your donations helped pay so thank you thank you thank you! And expect a Christmas Card for me in December!

I hope to write consistently and please keep me in your prayers!
The first of many ... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment